Aftershock! Earthquake Lab
So I have 2 boys (read “2 destructive forces of nature”) and they love to build things only to destroy them. The makers of this game recognize that need to destoy and put out this genius earthquake lab. Your kids learn about engineering along the way as they construct these towers and then they get the sinister satisfaction of destroying said building with the mechanical platform (the earthquake simulator). Of course, THATS where they really learn about engineering, when they see how well their structure held up. So here’s this thing in a nutshell: build stuff, destroy stuff, learn stuff. They can even work on their evil laugh as they hit the “earthquake” button, mwaahaahaaa! By the way, structural engineers make 75k/year…just sayin’.
- Encourages visual-spatial skills, logic, experimentation, creativity, an interest in engineering
- Test your engineering skills against all kinds of earthquakes!
- Variable-lock girder system offers endless structural experimentation
- Includes motorized shake table, building platform, 32 variable-lock building girders, 9 floor panels, base panel, 8 sheaths of structural cladding, 6 mix-and-match quake keys, 3 interlocking power spines, sticker sheet
- 24-page, full-color science/instruction book included
- 3 AA batteries – Not included
What is it for?
Breakin’ stuff and learnin’ stuff
Who is it for?
7 to 11 year olds